• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Workers Comp

jennie2223

Contributor
Best answers
workers

If you google your state w/c , it usually provides you with guidelines and a point of contact for the state board level to ask any questions.

shill4455

New
Best answers
workers comp

Hello,

I am in Massachusetts and have been submitting claims to numerous workers comp carriers over the years. The one thing I found to be consistent is that all carriers want a copy of the medical note submitted with the claim. I am currently billing for a Neurology practice and we deal with a lot of W/C. Unless the claim is denied by the employer or in litigation, I usually receive payment without issue providing all documentation is included. Although the clearinghouse I use has the option to submit W/C electronically, I have not implemented it yet and still submit everything on paper.

I hope this helps!