Wiki Wrist arthroscopy with microfracture of lunate & triquetrum

seslinger

Guru
Best answers
Dr. does a wrist arthroscopy with microfracture of lunate & triquetrum. I am thinking I need to use the unlisted code.

the main part reads: "A small shaver was used to debride the loose articular cartilage. Then a microfracture awl was used to perform a microfracture in both the lunate and triquetrum & further irrigation was done & shaving was done to remove bony and articular cartilage fragments. A thorough tour of wrist was taken & some of the dorsal synovitis was debrided as well with the shaver."

Or should I use the debridement code ? 29846 or unlisted 29999?

thank you for any imput

Sheila, CPC

Dr. does a wrist arthroscopy with microfracture of lunate & triquetrum. I am thinking I need to use the unlisted code.

the main part reads: "A small shaver was used to debride the loose articular cartilage. Then a microfracture awl was used to perform a microfracture in both the lunate and triquetrum & further irrigation was done & shaving was done to remove bony and articular cartilage fragments. A thorough tour of wrist was taken & some of the dorsal synovitis was debrided as well with the shaver."

Or should I use the debridement code ? 29846 or unlisted 29999?

thank you for any imput

Sheila, CPC

i would use 29999 for the microfracture as that is more work than a debridement. compare to 29879