Symbols/Alerts with Z Codes
2018 CPT® Professional Edition
The official 2018 CPT® coding rules and guidelines are contained in this code book, along with hundreds of code, guideline, and text changes. The CPT® code book will help correctly interpret and report medical procedures and services. It offers the following enhancements and features:
- Alphabetical Tabular Listing of Most Analytes in the Pathology and Laboratory Section - Simplify your code search by finding applicable molecular pathology codes based on a specific analyte.
- Increased Granularity in Molecular Pathology - Improve your ability to assign the proper code for a laboratory procedure.
- Customer Favorite! CPT® 2018 E/M Express Reference Tables Pocket Guide* - Use the summarized requirements for reporting E/M services to select and validate proper E/M coding faster.
- CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology Citations – Enhance your understanding of the CPT® code set with cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources.
- Comprehensive Index - Locate codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym, or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search.
- Anatomical and Procedural Illustrations - Improve your coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures being discussed.
- Appendix of Multianalyte Assays with Algorithmic Analyses - Use an administrative code set of single-sourced (laboratory or manufacturer) tests.
- Coding Tips Throughout Each Section - Advance your understanding of the nuances of the code set.
- Enhanced Codebook Table of Contents - Perform a quick search of the codebook’s entire content without being in a specific section.
- Section-specific Table of Contents - Navigate more effectively through each section’s codes.
- Summary of Additions, Deletions, and Revisions - Use this quick reference to 2018 changes to avoid referring to previous editions.
- Multiple Appendixes - Get additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, and vascular families.
* CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association