2018 Procedural Coding Expert
Developed by AAPC coders for coders.
$111.25 Save: $71.30 (64%)
2018 Procedural Coding Expert Bundles
Procedural Coding Expert
Note: This book CAN NOT be used for AAPC certification exams.
Symbols/Alerts with Z Codes
Crosswalk Between CPT and G Codes
Hundreds of Changes for 2018
Note: This book CANNOT be used for AAPC certification exams.
Make your coding easier and more accurate with the Procedure Desk Reference
This procedural coding book contains AMA's CPT® codes paired with Medicare fee schedule rules and payment guidelines. It is designed for a coder's daily work—not the classroom or AAPC's credentialing exams. Physician practices, outpatient hospitals, and ASCs benefit from this single, easy-to-navigate resource that arranges codes in a design known to speed coding, billing, and reimbursement. You'll also find a comprehensive listing of annual code additions/changes/deletions/reinstatements in the appendix, new code icons and notes, plus reimbursement information, mid-year changes, and whole lot more.
Key Features and Benefits
- NEW! HCPCS G codes to CPT crosswalk.
- Official 2018 AMA CPT® Codes and Nomenclature - Find all current CPT® codes and their descriptions.
- Official Medicare Information - Properly interpret Medicare national rules with these helpful guidelines.
- Expanded Index - Locate the right codes easier with lots of new index entries.
- Notes to Determine Which Codes Should Be Reported in Conjunction - Find the codes associated with the one you’re reporting.
- Modifiers Easier to Find and Use - Discover how easy modifiers are to find and append, including ambulance, anesthesia, AMA’s CPT®, and others.
- Facility and Non-facility RVUs and Global Follow-up Days - Accurately report to Medicare with guidance from the Medicare Fee Schedule.
- Anatomical Illustrations - View color plates at the beginning of the book for anatomical references.
- Code-specific Definitions, Rules, and References - Review comprehensive information to assist with accurate coding and speedy reimbursement.
- Contents Page - Reference this easy-to-navigate tool to find the sections you're looking for.
- CPT® Assistant Citations - Locate AMA guidance as published in the CPT® Assistant using citations with each referenced code.
- Extensive User-friendly Index - Find codes in a flash with the most accurate and expansive index of any CPT® coding resource, with terms listed in a variety of ways.
- Headings with Detailed Subheadings - Pinpoint CPT® codes quicker.
- Helpful Illustrations - View detailed illustrations and photographs throughout to help you understand the procedures and body parts in each section.
- Medicare Coverage Rules with Icons and Pub. 100 References - Understand which policies apply to CPT® codes prior to claim submission with icons and references for each rule, plus a copy of the applicable policy in the appendix.
- Modifier Icons - Apply modifiers correctly with quick icon identification with the CPT® code.
- PQRS Icons and Appendix - Link codes and their associated quality measure for reporting to Medicare.
- Pub. 100s and National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) - Access new information that affects coding, including better identification of the national coverage manual.
- Spiral Binding - Enjoy a book that lays flat for easy-to-use coding and durability
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association
Note: This book is not the official AMA CPT® book and CANNOT be used for AAPC certification exams.