2019 Procedure Desk Reference
$159.95 Save: $80.00 (50%)
All subscriptions for AAPC Coder products auto-renew, meaning that we will renew your subscription on your behalf when your current term expires. If at any point you do not wish to auto-renew your subscription, you may cancel your subscription before the end of the subscription term by logging into your account. There are no refunds or credits for early cancellations.
- Payment details: Each subscription recurrence, AAPC will bill the credit card you originally used to make the purchase. If the card is declined, AAPC will automatically cancel your subscription and send you an email notification. If you would like to switch the form of payment for a subscription, you can do so by logging into your account and updating your credit card information.
- Notification: We will send you a notice 15 days prior to the end of your subscription period notifying you of when your renewal fee will be processed to your credit card.
- Price: When your subscription auto-renews, AAPC will charge you the rate of the current AAPC Coder subscription and add-ons you have subscribed to.
Procedure Desk Reference
Ships in December
Note: This book CAN NOT be used for AAPC certification exams.
Symbols/Alerts with Z Codes
Crosswalk Between CPT and G Codes
2019 Procedure Desk Reference
Descriptions and coding tips for 9,000 CPT® codes
The 2019 Procedure Desk Reference simplifies complex procedure coding by providing easy to understand lay descriptions for more than 9,000 CPT© codes. It’s the coding help you’ve come to expect from AAPC.
Accurate coding begins with ensuring your knowledge of the procedures and the small differences that have a big impact. This valuable resource provides anatomical illustrations, billing, coding and reimbursements terms, an Evaluation and Management Survival Guide, and more.
AAPC’s difference includes these features:
- Comprehensive CPT® code listing- 9,000 CPT® codes and lay descriptions for E/M, surgery, laboratory/pathology, radiology, and medicine codes eliminate the need for multiple resources with a one-stop resource of more than.
- Lay descriptions- Easy to understand descriptions that include a clinical responsibility section which outlines step-by-step how the provider performs the procedure.
- Glossary of medical terms - Definitions of more than 5,000 medical terms included in the glossary that provide you with a deeper level of understanding.
- Modifier definitions and usage rules- Modifiers taken to the next level when paired with descriptions, coding tips and usage rules.
- Introduction to surgery coding chapter- Expert guidance to coding surgical and procedures and common terminology.
- Common abbreviations and eponyms-Valuable resource eliminates the need to search in a separate resource for abbreviations and eponyms found in medical charts.
- Normal lab values and vital signs-Values and vitals aid in determining what is an abnormal or normal result, helping your reporting.
- Basic types of anesthesia- Explanations of the anesthesia procedures to aid in better understanding and more accurate coding.
- Spiral binding- Sturdy coils with large pages so it can be laid flat or folded back for scanning, saving space and working with other books.
- Evaluation and Management Survival Guide-Comprehensive chapters assist in coding all types of E/M services complete with the 2019 code changes.
- Anatomical illustrations- Color plates are the perfect companion section while reading the lay terms.