Call for Speakers
We are not currently accepting any more applications for our 2015 events. We will reopen the Call for Speakers in the summer of 2015.
Items to Consider when Submitting
- Current Hot Issues – Our membership relies on us to keep them informed of the changes they need to know to be the most updated coders in their professions.
- Coding – Sessions should focus on both general and specialty-specific coding skills, tools, and updates.
- Practice Management – This includes a variety of topics such as human resources, accounting, revenue cycle management, effective use of EHRs and
other technology, productivity, effective marketing, and other practical skills needed for managing a medical practice.
- Auditing – Presentations should focus on how to ensure medical necessity, correct coding, and compliance with regulatory issues. Sessions on fraud, abuse, and penalties for violations are also welcome.
- Billing – Topics should focus on effective and efficient billing processes, including how to reduce claims denials, improve net collections, submit
accurate claims, effective collections efforts, and more.
- Compliance – These sessions should focus on tools, processes, regulations, and updates that will enable healthcare professionals to create and effectively manage a company
compliance plan, as well as current compliance requirements, such as HIPAA, OSHA, CLIA, Stark and Anti-kickback, coding, and other important federal and state
Level of Difficulty – All sessions must be presented on an intermediate to advanced level and provide practical and applicable information for
Be Clear about What the Session Will Include – If you plan to show an operative video, provide hands-on dissection, or otherwise involve your attendees,
include this detail in your application. Highly interactive sessions are preferable.
Be Concise About Your Goals – Clearly describe your teaching objective. (Example: Attendees will gain insight as to why the 2011 ICD-9-CM code changes
were made and what impact these changes will have on coding and billing. "Hidden" changes from the index, often overlooked when coders update their superbills, will be
addressed as well.)
Selected speakers will receive complimentary registration to the event where they are speaking.
Questions concerning the speaker selection process or the speaker application should be addressed to Sandra Nestman in the conference department.