NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Position Summary:We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Billing Coordinator II for Cardiology. In this role, the successful candidate Coordinates all aspects of charge submission and accounts receivable in defined FGP(s). Prepares financial and/or operational analyses and reports, and audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of operations. Reviews and advises physicians and staff with regard to local and national coding and reimbursement policies. Works with patients and guarantors to clarify financial responsibilities.
* Maintains current Certified Procedural Coder (CPC) certificate
* Serves as billing coordinator/ back up for FGP practices
* Works with staff to maximize operational efficiency and clearly explains proper work procedures and methods for charge submission and accounts receivable follow-up
* Reviews deposits to ensure steady cash flow. Reconciles deposits compared to the billing log.
* Reviews office procedures as they relate to appropriate internal controls; recommends suggestions, ideas and solutions to improve operational processes
* Serves as a liaison to the outside billing service for questions, data request, and other inquiries; reviewing charge encounter forms for complete CPT code, ICD-9 code and other required billing information on a daily basis
* Ensures timely and accurate collection, preparation and verification of billing information submitted to the outsourced billing service
* Manages all aspects of charge submission and accounts receivable in defined FGP(s). Oversee practice operations as they relate to the aforementioned and implement change where necessary.
* Updates all fee charges and procedural codes on a timely basis.
* Composes information in a clear and well written manner.
* Billing Company to review and resolve denial issues.
* Prepares status and ad-hoc reports. Prepares weekly utilization reports summarizing volumes and charges submitted to the billing company. Reviews monthly financial reports on a timely basis.
* Adheres to general practice and FGP guidelines on compliance issues and patient confidentiality
* Serves as resource to physicians, staff and management regarding local and national coding and reimbursement policies. Educates physicians, staff and management on new policies and changes to existing policies. Reviews resources including (but not limited to): CPT and ICD-9 manuals, payer policy and procedure manuals and updates and CMS publications to ensure practices are compliant with current policies and procedures
* Develops payment schedules (FGP) based on reason, availability of resources, and patients ability to pay.
* Responds to patient circumstances and explanations based on thorough assessment of situation.
* Reviews daily schedules to verify patient insurance information and MD Benefits.
* Reports to Management regularly and requests intervention where necessary
* Interacts with vendors and independent contractors as it relates to billing and collections
* Assistants with the review of deposits to ensure steady cash flow. Reconciles deposits compared to the billing log.
* Participates in reviews of office procedures as they relate to charge submission and accounts receivable management; recommends suggestions, ideas and solutions to improve operational processes. Collaborates with practice personnel and administration to implement change to practice operations where necessary
* Ensures charge submission and accounts receivable follow-up is occurring on a timely basis
Minimum Qualifications:To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree with 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and patients. Detail oriented with high level of accuracy for reviewing charge batch submissions, preparing and presenting analyses. Stays up to date with industry requirements. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Familiar with standard office equipment.
NYU Langone Florida is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Florida’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://nyu.contacthr.com/77222154.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: