Embrace better opportunities.
Are you passionate about health, happiness and helping others? So are we. We’re committed to helping our health plan Members live a happy and healthy lifestyle, and we believe that it starts here first, with our Associates.
At AvMed, we provide the tools and opportunities to enhance, expand, and support each Associate’s personal and professional growth. From tuition reimbursement to exercise classes in the office, embrace a better career with AvMed and join our team!
Position: Manager, Quality and Coding Education
Scope of position: Manager, Quality and Coding Education shall be responsible for establishing and managing integrated training and development strategies for a team of Coding Specialists, including development of reporting to track and measure performance. This position will oversee all program development and administrative aspects of the activity, to include development, technical coordination, and management of internal and/or external professional training and development and support staff. Includes responsibility for leadership in implementation of effective systems, processes, and procedures.
The successful manager is assertive and possesses strong communication, financial and analytical skills. The manager will be detail oriented and capable of effectively managing various (concurrent) work-streams while ensuring timely delivery of results. Manager will also have the level of professionalism to interact with leadership-level stakeholders, both internally at AvMed and externally in the provider community.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical Plans, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, and more…
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off Cash-In
- 401(k)plan with matching contributions, Tuition Assistance, Associate Discounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospital Administration, or related field
- 6 to 10 years of prior experience in the health care industry. At least 5 years’ experience as a Certified HCC Coder and/or Stars/Hedis Chart Reviewer. Experience with Risk Adjustment Coding at a major Health plan and/or Value Based Provider is preferred.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) required; Certified Risk Coder (CRC) preferred
You May Also Have:
- Familiarity and understanding of CMS HCC Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements.
- Knowledge of CPT/ICD-10 & Medical Terminology.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated success in providing education to Medical Doctors.
- Strong analytical skills and financial analysis experience including experience with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Experience working in direct contact with physicians, hospitals, and senior leadership (including experience with multiple Electronic Health Records).
- Strong bilingual (English / Spanish) written, oral communication and presentation (i.e., public speaking) skills.
- PC keyboard and printer
At AvMed, you’ll find a family. Our Associates love all the opportunities for advancement, the flexible work environment and team activities. We also encourage our Associates to embrace a life rich in what matters most — health and happiness. We call it being WELLfluent. Join AvMed. Join the WELLfluent!
AvMed is located near the internationally popular Dadeland Mall, adjacent to a wide variety of residential neighborhoods ranging from pedestrian-friendly urban-style communities to beautiful green suburbs. It is also easy to access through public transportation – a short walk from the Metrorail – and major highways so all that Miami has to offer is within reach.
AvMed is a tobacco/drug free workplace, EOE