|Type:||FULL TIME, CONTRACTOR, OTHER
|Required Certifications:||CRC or 5 years experience coding risk adjustment
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Salt Lake City 84120, UT, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
This is a remote contract position.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated auditing professional to join our team as a contractor. The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of PACE Risk Adjustment coding experience. The position requires one to be resourceful, organized, and extremely driven. This seasonal contractor position that would starts in January and go through March with a possible extension through May of 2023. Work location is remote.
What You’ll Do:
- Code medical records to validate ICD-10-CM codes for PACE Risk Adjustment
- Meet department production and quality standards
- Research regulatory guidelines for supporting documentation
- Prepare coding reports using excel
- Prepare oral and/or written reports of work activity to Supervisor
- Be responsible and accountable for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information. Follow HIPAA security policies and procedures affecting your job, and report any suspected or actual violation or breach
- Other duties as assigned
Experience You’ll Need:
- Minimum 2 years of risk adjustment coding experience
- Extensive ICD-10-CM coding experience, with Risk Adjustment models for PACE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to “own” project and complete charts assigned in work queue daily
- Detail oriented and deadline driven attitude
- Ability to think critically and determine the best method for completing tasks
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, EMR systems, and internet)
- Ability to multitask and keep a sense of urgency
- Strong time management, organization skills, and work ethic
- CRC or 5 years’ experience coding risk adjustment
AAPC Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
AAPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.