|Required Certifications:||CPC and CPMA or RHIT
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Salt Lake City 84120, UT, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
This is a remote position
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated auditing professional to join our team as a Senior Auditor. The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of auditing experience for physician practices across multiple specialties. The position requires one to be resourceful, organized, and extremely driven.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Extensive healthcare industry knowledge and experience in and around coding, billing, auditing, compliance and reimbursement for physician practices including CPT, HCPCS, & ICD-10
- Extensive coding experience in multiple specialties
- Extensive knowledge of AMA, OIG, CMS and other national coding and compliance guidelines
- Experience developing and delivering training material, PowerPoint presentations, webinars and reports for physicians, management and coders
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and deadline driven attitude
- Ability to think critically and determine the best method for completing tasks
- Ability to multi-task and keep a sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Proficient in Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Requires long periods of time sitting and using keyboard and mouse
- Meet and maintain department production and quality standards
- Manage client needs and expectations to ensure project scope, requirements and deliverables are developed appropriately with clients.
- Perform production work in addition to project management.
- Responsible for maintaining department audit standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Provide feedback written and verbally to coders, auditors, and/or providers.
- Audit medical records to validate clinical documentation to support evaluation and management services, ancillary services, procedures, and diagnoses.
- Research regulatory guidelines for supporting documentation.
- Prepare audit summary findings, providing detailed comments related to the audit findings and make recommendations.
- Prepares oral and/or written reports of audit activity for Supervisor.
What We Offer:
AAPC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, Health Savings Account (HSA), and generous PTO and holiday pay.
AAPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
AAPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.