Site Location: Admin Building | 681 Center St NE, Salem OR 97301
Position Status: Full Time | Monday through Friday
YOUR ROLE at NWHS:
Hires, coaches, and counsel’s direct employees based on established policies, procedures, protocols, and personnel policy guidelines. Develops, approves, implements, and maintains a consistent set of department/function policies, procedures, and protocols that meet regulatory and accrediting standards. Participates in the organization's quality improvement program.
- Direct, manage, and supervise the corporate finance department. Provide technical assistance to payroll and accounts payable staff as needed.
- Oversee day to day accounting functions in order to prepare accurate and timely financial reporting. Ensure completion of the month & year-end closing process.
- Assist in the preparation & coordination of the annual audit, serving as the primary liaison with the independent auditors.
- Develop & maintain accounting policies, procedures, and processes in order to ensure accurate and complete financial reporting with strong internal controls.
- Assess the impact of new accounting and reporting standards and lead the development of related implementation strategies as required.
- Assist the CFO to develop and enhance risks & controls matrices across business processes.
- Assist the CFO and Controller in developing Agency budgets, preparing and reviewing financial statements, and reviewing reconciliation activities.
- Monitor monthly rental payments, vouchers, and assistance for Agency rental properties.
- Monitor and review payroll tax filings, including W-2 and 1099 forms.
- Assist the CFO in preparing the annual 403(B) Census Data and employer match and coordinate the annual 403(B) audit with the external auditors.
This position works in an office environment. This is not eligible for remote work.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or closely related field. CPA preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of accounting experience, including at least 2 years of experience in a supervisor or manager capacity.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP required.
- Experience using a computerized accounting and payroll system. Experience in spreadsheets and financial reporting is required.
- Experience with a nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization preferred.
- Experience with Federal cost principles and A-133 audit requirements for Single Audits preferred.
Northwest Human Services is a mission focused organization providing compassionate and professional medical, dental, psychiatry, mental health, and wraparound services for those in our community who need it most - uninsured individuals, families, the homeless, and migrant workers. Our multidisciplinary teams are fully integrated, allowing us to provide our patients with exceptional coordinated care. The leadership and Board of Directors at NWHS support our staff with a variety of training and development opportunities as we continue to expand our programs and community offerings. We strive to instill a workplace culture based on inclusivity, open communication, and positive support.
Summary of Benefits: Our Board of Directors and Administration strives to provides a benefits program that is comprehensive, competitive within our industry, and affordable for our employees.
- Full Comprehensive Medical with 2 plans, Dental, and Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Group Life: Short Term & Long Term Disability 100% paid by employer
- 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer match
- 10 hours of monthly Paid Time Off based on FTE and up to 20 hours.
- 7 ½ paid holidays each year + 2 floating holidays.
- Continuing Education Plan
- Employee Healthy Living Program
Northwest Human Services complies with the Oregon COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Healthcare Providers and Healthcare Staff in Healthcare Settings. Every candidate who accepts a position with Northwest Human Services will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting employment ('Fully vaccinated' means having received both doses of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, and at least 14 days have passed since the individual’s final dose of COVID-19 vaccine). Details can be found on the Oregon Health Authority site here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a criminal records check.