|Employer:||Missoula Bone & Joint
|Preferred Certifications:||CPC or AHIMA equivalency accreditation
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||2360 Mullan Rd, Suite C,Missoula 59808, MT, US
Medical Clinic Accounts Receivable Supervisor:
Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the A/R Department and staff. Responsible for intra-departmental communication; fielding all departmental questions and concerns; Serves as “go-to” person for day-to-day issues in the department and is responsible for employee counseling; Maintains department schedule; Conducts direct employee evaluations.
A/R Supervisor Duties:
- Fields all intra-departmental questions and concerns bringing any necessary issues to the attention of the Operations Manager (or CEO when appropriate)
- Responsible for inter-department communication with other departments
- Serves as “go-to” person for day-to-day issues in the department
- Helps maintain department staff schedules, call-offs and time away coverage
- Conducts direct employee evaluations
- Responsible for employee counseling bringing larger issues to the Operations Manager
- Makes recommendations for improvement on flow and processes
- Maintains current department policies & procedures
- Oversees the interview process for candidates for open positions in the department
- Creates agenda, leads department meetings and responsible for the minutes.
- Performs annual insurance contract reviews and gives recommendations to CEO
- Reviews new insurance contract requests and gives recommendations to CEO
- Handles A/R patient complaints
- Troubleshoots insurance payer issues and follows up as needed
- Reviews and negotiates contracts with new and existing A/R related vendors
- Troubleshoots A/R denials and issues as needed
- Reviews and analyzes monthly Centricity A/R reports
- System admin for NMI and many insurance websites. Add/delete/reset of passwords for all users of these sites.
- Oversees A/R auditing plan
- Reviews hardship applications
- Oversees surgery center A/R staff
- Knowledge of facility coding and reimbursement guidelines
- Understanding of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10 codes and modifiers
- Understanding of insurance EOBs and how to appeal denials
- Understanding of A/R software systems and vendors (Healthco, Centricity, Amkai, EMA)
- Understands and abides by billing compliance regulations
- Understands concept of unbundling and heeds government regulations
- Understands payer group rules and regulations
- Understands patient confidentiality laws and what signatures are required to release information
- Understands Medicare/payer groups rules and regulations
- Clearly and accurately documents all correspondence regarding an account in a timely and appropriate manner
- Answers phone as needed
- Complies with HIPAA, OSHA and Red Flag Rules
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Medical A/R and billing experience, minimum of three years’ experience preferred.
- At least one year supervisory or management experience.
- Knowledge of data processing concepts, and a familiarity with medical office computer systems and practice management software (ie. scheduling, billing, reporting).
- Strong Excel and MS Word skills beneficial
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills
- CPC or AHIMA equivalency accreditation
Missoula Bone & Joint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers excellent benefits including health insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, continuing education allowance and much more!