• Supervise a team of production coders, reviewing their work for quality
• Provide clear, concise, and compliant written feedback to coders
• Identify coder and/or documentation deficiencies and communicate them to the management team as needed
• Participate in production coding daily as defined by management, based on department needs
• Other duties as assignedRequirements
Required Skills, Education, and Certification:
• Must be certified through AAPC and/or AHIMA
o Minimum certification of CPC, COC, CCS, or RHIT
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years of ASC-specific coding experience
• Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to stay on task, working independently
• Must have a dedicated home office with reliable high-speed internet
Preferred Skills and Education
• Associate Degree or higher
• 7-10 years of ASC coding experience
• 1-2 years supervisory/team lead experience
• ASC Revenue cycle knowledge
Position is open to US applicants only. This is a salaried, exempt position.
About Surgical Notes:
Surgical Notes is a forward-thinking healthcare IT solutions company dedicated to developing innovative revenue cycle products and services for the ASC industry. Founded in 1997, Surgical Notes is one of the preeminent nationwide providers of transcription, coding, medical records, billing & collections, and revenue cycle management software solutions and services for the ASC industry.
Surgical Notes is an Equal Opportunity employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.