|Preferred Certifications:||Coding Certification
|Location:||8 Oak Park Drive Bedford 01730, MA, US
Are you interested in joining a team that strives to positively impact the healthcare system?
LogixHealth provides services and technology that result in smarter healthcare. We need the best and most inspired team members and are looking for people with a high level of intellectual curiosity and drive who always ask 'why' and 'how can we do it smarter.'
If we have piqued your interest and you also possess:
- A strong attention to detail, active listening skills and the ability to multitask
- Proficient computer and Microsoft Excel skills
- The desire to create solutions to complex problems
We want to meet YOU!
Participates and develops a coder production team that will assist LogixHealth with implementing the goal to deliver a coding product that is complete, concise and provides an exceptional service to clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of ED pro /facility coder production, other specialties and consistently meet LogixHealth coding industry standards
- Monitor and track use of operational production tools to determine root cause and provide a meaningful analysis
- Help direct the off shore production operational team
- Assist with management of new and established client production opportunities for the coding staff
- Assign work to staff and ensure completion
- May delegate day to day oversight to supervisors or team leads
- Ensure staff is trained and aware of job and company expectations and determine remedial action when needed
- Ensure cooperative team environment by
- Effectively communicating with staff about department and company initiatives
- Adjusting procedures as necessary to create process efficiencies
- Resolving issues among staff
- Encouraging constructive feedback from staff and between team members
- Comply with all State and Federal Laws regarding an effective Compliance Program inclusive of HIPAA Privacy and Security
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and be familiar with all compliance policies and procedures stored in LogixGarden relevant to this position
- Ensure departmental employees follow the Code of Conduct, compliance policies and procedures
- Administer the appropriate sanction when an employee violates a compliance policy or procedure
- Manage recruitment process including
- Identifying needs
- Posting internally
- Screening and interviewing candidates
- Review and approve time and attendance records according to company standards
- Provide on-going feedback and annual performance reviews
- Uphold company mission, vision and values
- Proactively monitor company policies and address transgressions appropriately
- Facilitate meetings within department and make presentations to senior management as needed
- Monitor and enforce compliance with all pertinent local, state, and federal laws and regulations relating to operations and employment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
Bachelor’s degree or certification or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prior MS Office experience, including proficiency with Excel and Word, and internet software experience required.
Prior Emergency Department specific, or related, coding background with a familiarity of different types of chart constructs is preferred.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Ability to organize and prioritize information with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to facilitate the education opportunities for established coders
- Ability to work with several new coders at the same time
- Ability to assess/evaluate skills for many aspects of coder education
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a stressful fast paced environment
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to be flexible and possess a positive attitude while viewing problems as an opportunity for improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands, talk, hear and occasionally walk and reach with hands or arms