|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||Rochester, NY, NY
UR Medicine is made up of many parts, all devoted to providing highly advanced medical care. Our Mission of “Ever Better” means we improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering innovative, compassionate, patient and family-centered health care, enriched by education, science and technology.
UR Medicine’s United Business Office (UBO) supports administrative and financial activities for over 900 Specialists and Primary Care practitioners. By integrating clinical and revenue-cycle activities into one system, UBO delivers better, patient-friendly interactions, and provides extensive medical billing support to the UR Medicine network.
To support this effort, UBO is looking for an Associate Director of Charge Capture & Coding to oversee all charge capture and coding operations. The Associate Director of Charge Capture & Coding will oversee the following areas: Manual charge capture, provider documentation abstraction, coding edit resolution, provider documentation and coding auditing, and coding education. This is an exciting opportunity to impact the processes that will improve our Revenue Cycle.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Driving revenue cycle by effectively directing all manual charge capture and coding activities for all physician services.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to clinical departments and UR providers around coding and charge capture, as well as coding-based initiatives across the UBO.
- Assess current operations to identify opportunities for performance and process improvements, providing a high level of problem solving to support continual change management.
- Regularly report to Director of Revenue Cycle regarding financial and operational performance.
- Project Management, leading various initiatives impacting UBO coding and revenue cycle operations.
- Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years of medical coding experience
- Strong Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10-CM, HCPCS, CMS E/M guidelines, and a thorough knowledge of the Medicare/Medicaid regulations
- Coding certificates of: CCS-P, CPC, or equivalent certifications RHIA, RHIT preferred
- Experience building reports, interpreting data and developing recommendations for process improvement.
- Must be comfortable presenting to all levels: Senior leadership, providers and staff
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled