|Employer:||Farragut Square Group
|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Preferred Experience:||8 to 10 years
|Location:||340 Madison Avenue New York 10173, NY, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
McDermott+Consulting (McDermottPlus) is a premier healthcare consulting firm with offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City.
The Farragut Square Group, McDermottPlus’ research and advisory division, provides clients with research and policy advisory services on a range of healthcare topics, including Billing and Coding Claims reviews of physician office practices and in and out-patient facilities.
Farragut Square is looking to expand by hiring a Medical Records Auditor. This is a new role within a rapidly growing team, perfect for an Auditor who thrives in a fast-paced yet thoughtful environment. This is a 100% remote position, reporting to the Senior Auditor within the group.
- CPMA and CPC designation is a must. Inpatient Coding and Coding Instructor Credentials a plus but not required.
- 5+ years of current audit work within a physician practice or hospital system.
- Excellent communication and time management abilities, as this position is remote.
- Familiarity with the outpatient coding guidelines and willingness to learn about the various sub-specialty coding guidelines in the outpatient setting. Preferred experience in ophthalmology, urgent care, gastrointestinal, pain management and autism/ABA, as well as willingness to learn others specialties.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in high productivity, fast-paced environment
- Perform accurate and compliant auditing reviews of pertinent medical records and physician services to identify and report audit outcomes and need for coding education.
- Coding reviews include practice and ASC based services, ensuring compliance with ICD-10 CM, ICD-10 PCS, CPT, HCPCS coding and Modifier guidelines.
- Explain findings in a clear and concise manner to internal team members. Communicate in a way that demonstrates knowledge of regulations and requirements of CMS, payors, and Federal and state laws.
- Interact in a professional and courteous way with client practices to help them locate missing documents and provide necessary chart information.