|Employer:||Coding Advantage, LLC
|Type:||FULL TIME, CONTRACTOR
|Skills:||Coding,Billing and AR follow up
|Preferred Certifications:||CPC and/or CPB
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||PO Box Chardon 44024, OH, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
Ideal candidate will
be a goal-oriented, self-motivated, and a proven highly accurate dealing with
accounts receivable work in a remote atmosphere. Ideal candidate will fit our
commitment to our clients by being the best in the business consistently
obtaining every possible dollar for our clients while maintaining the highest
level of integrity and compliance. Candidate will demonstrate excellent verbal
and written communication skills. Must be prepared to take a baseline billing
test to demonstrate knowledge in all aspects of medical billing.
Primary duties include
but are not limited to:
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification as
indicated in client contract. Notifying client of any upcoming
appointments or schedule procedures if eligibility is an issue.
- Post or validate ERA adjustments per contracts with
Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party commercial carrier.
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness
and obtaining any missing information in order to minimize days
outstanding on patient balances.
- Following up on unpaid claims within industry standard
billing cycle time frame.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and
compliance with contract adjustments.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary
- Reviewing accounts for insurance or patient follow-up.
- Researching and appealing all denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries
pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Setting up patient payment plans and/or work collection
- Updating billing software with appropriate patient or
insurance information as directed by client or obtained directly from
- Updating cash spreadsheets and running monthly reports
as required on client contract.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in the billing and
accounts receivable follow up environment
- CPB, CPC or similar credential a plus
- Must have Internet access with ability to meet HIPAA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Evolve, eClinical, Athena, Open PM,
MicroMD or similar billing software
- Experience using Word and Excel programs
- Must understand balancing a financial day (balancing to
- Experience understanding how to maximize use of carrier
websites when applicable
- Passing BASIC billing test provided during interviewing