With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, D.C., area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians. We have an excellent opportunity for a Billing Analyst to join our team.
• Serves as the key associate in reviewing all departmental charges and coding for accuracy and regulatory compliance for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
• Responsible for maximizing departmental revenue by correcting charge and coding errors prior to being released to MPBS to ensure timely processing in the revenue cycle and minimize insurance rejections.
• Performs internal chart audits on all charges and coding and reviews findings with departmental administration, clinicians and physician leadership to improve documentation quality and revenue capture knowledge and capability.
• Associate's degree required. BA/BS in relevant field preferred.
• CPC, CPMA or CPPM required and must be actively maintained.
• Three years of billing and/or coding experience in a healthcare setting; OB/GYN experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with specific attention to Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Familiarity with computer database systems.
• Ability to interact with diverse physicians and managers.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Competitive compensation and generous benefits
• Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
• Wellness programs
• Free shuttle from Metro stations
Location, location, location!
Located in Washington, D.C., MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The D.C. metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries, and restaurants. Employees live in D.C., Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just Metro stops away from the hospital.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism, and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/187729/
Equal opportunity employer.