|Employer:||Ravenswood Family Health Center
|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Specialties:||FQHC Multi Specialty
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||1885 Bay Road East Palo Alto 9303, CA, US
RAVENSWOOD FAMILY HEALTH NETWORK
POSITION TITLE: Billing Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Billing Director
Ravenswood Family Health Center’s mission is to improve the health of the community by providing culturally
sensitive, integrated primary and preventative health care to all, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status, and
collaborating with community partners to address the social determinants of health.
Under the direct supervision of the Billing Dept. Director, the Billing Technician is responsible for the preparation and
submission of billing for all payers including self-pay patients, public programs, and private third-party insurance. Also
conducts accounts receivable reviews and follows-up on all unpaid accounts to ensure prompt payment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be performed in accordance with RFHN Policies and Procedures
1. Reviews assigned encounter forms for accuracy and completeness.
2. Returns incomplete forms to the appropriate clinical staff for correction.
3. Enters all visit and diagnostic codes from encounter forms into the practice management system on a
4. Reviews batches of charges entered for errors prior to submitting.
5. Processes billing for services to all payers for public programs, hard copy claims on HCFA 1500 and
UB-04 for private insurance, and hard copy statements for self-pay patients.
6. Maintains backup of original documentation including encounter forms, copies of statements, and
correspondence available for audit upon request.
7. Researches denials, unpaid or partially paid claims, and re-bills weekly to ensure prompt payment.
8. Attends training seminars sponsored by the State or other payers to keep up-to-date with billing and
9. Responds to/answers all calls regarding patient accounts and billing questions.
10. Develops payment agreements with patients with the approval of the Billing Manager.
11. Attends meetings and participates in committees as requested.
12. Other duties as assigned and requested.
? High school diploma or GED with minimum one-year billing experience in a health care organization required.
? Knowledge of billing practices required.
? Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding and billing requirements for public programs and third-party payers.
? Knowledge of EPIC/OCHIN preferred.
? Bilingual Spanish/English or Tongan/English preferred.
? Familiar with a Windows environment and specifically Microsoft Excel.
Qualified applicants, please submit resume to email@example.com or fax to 650.321.8576.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT contact HR to ask for the status of your resume as
those calls will not be returned.