|Employer:||Northwest Human Services
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Skills:||ICD-10,CPT-4,computers,file systems,report logic,accounting principles (charges,adjustments,and payments)
|Specialties:||primary care, community health, mental health, dental, psychiatry
|Required Certifications:||CPC or CCS-Physician
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||681 Center Street NE,Salem 97301, OR, US
Northwest Human Services is a non-profit leader in providing advocacy, quality healthcare and social services in Marion and Polk counties since 1970. We are seeking a qualified Billing Certified Coder at the West Salem Clinic to assist the Billing Manager in performing billing and coding functions.
YOUR ROLE at NWHS:
As a Billing Certified Coder, you will be responsible for routine and complex encounter coding. You will ensure appropriate coding of services and diagnosis coding, based on your review of the clinical record. Additionally, you will provide accurate and timely medical, mental health, and/or dental billing for accurate claim submission, while working in partnership and joint accountability with other team members to achieve department goals.
- Review provider coding of services provided; CPT-4, HCPCS, and diagnosis (ICD10), for medical, mental health, and dental claims.
- Review and respond to coding inquiries submitted by providers; correct and resubmit claims based on review of the records, provider input, and payer input.
- Work directly with providers to resolve specific coding issues and act as the liaison between providers, staff, and outside parties on coding concerns.
- Work within the electronic medical record to develop and implement strategies; make appropriate documentation, and code editing as efficient as possible.
- Work with clinical and non-clinical teams to develop, implement, and communicate specific coding and documentation guidelines that will meet the need for complete and consistent clinical data.
- Must be a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) with an active certificate.
- Must have knowledge of and proficiency in ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding.
- Must have a basic understanding of computers, file systems, and report logic
- Must have knowledge of accounting principles as they pertain to charges, adjustments, and payments.
- Previous relevant work experience is preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Northwest Human Services is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center that has been providing care to the local community for over forty-five years. In addition to our Transitional Programs that provide services for the homeless, our medical clinics are Tier V Patient Centered Medical Homes and our West Salem location offers fully integrated primary care, psychiatry, therapy, and dentistry all on the same campus. Our Medical, Dental and Mental Health care teams are committed to the overall wellness of our patients and work together to ensure patient needs are expertly evaluated, and met with compassion and respect.
Summary of Benefits: Northwest Human Services offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life: Short Term & Long Term Disability, 403(b) retirement plan with generous employer match and Paid Time Off.