|Employer:||Juniper Health, Inc.
|Required Certifications:||Previous supervisory and/or management experience within a RHC/FQHC setting is required.
|Preferred Certifications:||CPT,ICD10 and HCPC Coding
|Location:||141 Main Street,Beattyville 41311, KY, US
The Billing Manager is responsible for the daily operational management of the organizations Revenue Cycle process, including all patient accounting activities and related functions. This includes patient registration, charge capturing, coding, billing, credit and collections. The Billing Manager is responsible for assisting the CAO and senior management with ongoing operational concerns.
- Responsible for directing the daily organizational Revenue Cycle processes and related activities.
- Supervises and assures that appropriate coding is performed, and both accurate and timely billing is generated, for all services provided by the organization.
- Assists the staff of all health centers with registration, billing and fee collection issues.
- Follows-up to ensure that proper collections were received for services rendered.
- Prepares and submits job-related financial reports in a timely manner.
- Maintains cost containment awareness and capitalizes on areas of potential cost savings.
- Willingly promotes teamwork by helping when needed and soliciting input from others.
- Consults with, and provides information to, senior management on matters pertaining to the corporations compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations, rules, requirements and guidelines.
- Demonstrates understanding of organizational goals and objectives and performs job duties in a manner consistent with the attainment of those goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of an organization-wide approach to Quality Assurance (QA)/Performance Improvement (PI), how the department or program of responsibility is involved in the organization-wide QA/PI Program, and how to identify and report events related to the QA/PI Program
- Follows always established organizational safety/security-related policies and procedures, federal OSHA guidelines and federal grant requirements and guidelines.
- Demonstrates acceptable professional conduct, interpersonal and communication skills with patients, peers and other healthcare professionals.
- Maintains professional appearance and follows established dress code.
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of patient and staff information.
- Maintains awareness of federal and state billing and coding regulations; attends educational programs, and reviews reference materials as necessary, to stay current with professional coding requirements (i.e., CPT and ICD-10 requirements).
A High School Diploma or the equivalent (GED) is required. Completion of a college or business degree is preferred. The desired professional experience is five (5) years of progressive involvement in the Revenue Cycle process (coding, billing, patient accounts, credit and collections). Previous supervisory and/or management experience within a RHC/FQHC setting is required. Professional certification is preferred in CPT, ICD10 and HCPC coding. An understanding of payor contracting, and current billing regulations must be demonstrated.
Position Supervised By:
Personnel Supervised by the Position:
Billing Clerks, Coding Staff
The physical demands required of the position are representative of those required of comparable professional positions and must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics presented to the position are representative of those an employee in a comparable professional position encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.