|Employer:||Johnson City Eye Clinic
Description: This individual will be a full-time, highly accurate and motivated Biller. Primary duties include, but are not limited to: coding and billing, posting insurance payments, follow up on unpaid claims utilizing monthly aging reports, filing appeals when appropriate to obtain maximum reimbursement. Maintain strong relationships with providers, patients and fellow staff.
- Interprets operative report and accurately codes surgery charges in a timely manner.
- Reviews and processes claims electronically assuring accuracy to avoid denials.
- Works with physician and coding personnel to resolve coding issues.
- Assist with audits to capture lost charges and determine the accuracy of billing as necessary.
- Accurately Post insurance payments electronically and manual entry.
- Follow-up of outstanding claims including filing appeals as necessary.
- Communicate with Billing Manager to discuss and resolve reimbursement/billing issues.
- Interp insurance explanation of benefits for posting and follow up.
- Utilize monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days.
- Assist patients with insurance/billing questions.
- Certified Professional Coder.
- A working knowledge of medical billing software.
- Understanding of Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations and CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Understanding of private insurance rules and regulations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work both as a team member as well as a team leader.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Pleasant, respectful, and empathetic personality and disposition.
- Accuracy and management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of medical terminology, especially ophthalmic procedures.
- Maintain current CPC and other credentialing and training