· In-depth knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, use of modifiers and HCPCS coding; insurance billing rules including but not limited to Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, Anthem, Aetna, CIGNA, UHC, Connecticare and self-pay.
· Experience with eClinicalWorks, Availity and Trizetto systems a plus.
· Denial work experience a plus
· Functional knowledge of medical terminology, medical conditions and illnesses
· Knowledge of billing and coding and compliance guidelines and policies.
· Demonstrates strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel files, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams.
· Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
· Ability to work with multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; ability to communicate
· Strong keyboard skills.
· Works well in environment with firm deadlines; results oriented.
· Perform multiple tasks effectively.
· Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Strong analytical skills required.
· Capable of making timely, independent decisions.
Must be certified with AAPC or some other recognized organization; certified professional biller or coder
· Must maintain active credentials
· High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred