Northwest Human Services is a non-profit leader in providing advocacy, quality healthcare and social services in Marion and Polk counties since 1970.
YOUR ROLE at NWHS:
As a Billing Supervisor at NWHS, you will provide operations oversight and day-to-day supervision of our Billing Department. You will hire, coach, and counsel the Billing team based on established policies, procedures, protocols, and personnel policy guidelines. In that capacity, you will be expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Northwest Human Services and work collaboratively to achieve them. You will also have opportunities to design, implement, and update department orientations, training processes, and competency certification systems for Billing staff. Additionally, this position participates as a key member of NWHS’ Quality Improvement program.
- Directly supervises and trains Billing, Coding and Collection staff, advising Billing Manager regarding recommendations for promotion, discipline, and dismissal.
- Participates as an active member of the Billing, Coding and Credentialing team, performing all department functions as needed for backup.
- Insures timeliness and accuracy of agency wide billing processes; advising Billing Manager of areas of concern.
- Prepares, implements, and reviews departmental policies and procedures, updating and revising as needed, while monitoring staff’s conformity to policies and department procedures.
- Manages departmental change to reduce adverse impacts for monthly productivity goals.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
- Three to five years' supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of five years' experience in medical coding, billing, and collections.
- Certified Professional Coder through the AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders) or a Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based through AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) is required.
- Must be bondable.
- Valid Oregon Driver's License and proof of automobile insurance.
Northwest Human Services is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center that has been providing care to the local community for over forty-five years. In addition to our Transitional Programs that provide services for the homeless, our medical clinics are Tier V Patient Centered Medical Homes and our West Salem location offers fully integrated primary care, psychiatry, therapy, and dentistry all on the same campus. Our Medical, Dental and Mental Health care teams are committed to the overall wellness of our patients and work together to ensure patient needs are expertly evaluated, and met with compassion and respect.
Summary of Benefits: Northwest Human Services offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life: Short Term & Long Term Disability, 403(b) retirement plan with generous employer match and Paid Time Off.
If you are interested in joining a team that makes a difference in the lives of many, please apply online!
For more information, please contact the HR/Recruiting Department at:
Office: 503-588-5828 • Email: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a criminal records check as well as testing for commonly abused controlled substances, including marijuana.