BWPO Compliance Auditor
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston,
40 hours, days
This position will
be responsible for review and analysis of coding and compliance activities
directly related to reimbursement for professional services in the Department
of Surgery. BWPO Compliance Auditor will perform audits of clinicians to ensure
that documentation supports the service that was performed. This position will
also be responsible for educating the clinicians on coding and compliance
· Responsible for preparing audits for
each provider. These audits will include
benchmarking against national averages.
· Responsible for follow-up audits, as
· Responsible for tracking coding issues
by provider and providing necessary education to improve coding.
· Responsible for preparing reports and
presenting findings to management.
· Responsible for educating providers
post-audit on coding and documentation regulations and requirements.
· Responsible for reporting and
resolving all billing issues discovered during provider audits.
· Keep informed of third party
regulations in billing/reimbursement and maintain files of coding publications.
· Handle special projects as assigned.
· Participate in continuing education
programs to ensure that coding knowledge remains current.
· Assist manager in reviewing external
· Assist manager in performing all tasks
related to coding and compliance.
· Perform other duties as needed.
· Ability to present findings and
discuss issues with providers confidently and effectively
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to interact with all levels of
· Strong interpersonal, analytical, and
· Strong written and oral communication
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· In-depth understanding and knowledge
of ICD-10-CM and CPT coding
· Ability to work both independently and
as part of a team
· Ability to work under pressure,
multi-task, and meet deadlines
· Familiarity with common office
equipment and computer software, including MS Office and Database software
CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Required: CPC
· Preferred: CPMA and/or CEMC
· Minimum Required: High school diploma
or GED Certificate
· Some college or Associate's Degree,
Field of Study
· Knowledge of CMS (Medicare and
Medicaid) and other 3rd party payers' billing and documentation requirements is
· American Academy of Professional
Coders (AAPC) CPMA or CEMC, strongly preferred
· 5+ years of experience in a healthcare
setting including ICD-10-CM and CPT Coding experience is required
apply, a complete job description and application can be found by going to:
Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) is an
international leader in healthcare and the site of pioneering breakthroughs
that have improved lives around the world. Whether measured in terms of lives
saved, expanding the boundaries of medicine through research, serving the needs
of our local and global community, transforming the future of healthcare
through education, or the personal satisfaction of stretching your talents— a
career at BWH is unlike any other. Here you will find teamwork and
collaboration are the norm. Our employees form a close-knit bond, based on
mutual respect and devotion to our patients which forms the basis for our
workplace culture known as the Brigham way.
offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, to learn more
please visit our benefits overview web site page here: http://www.brighamandwomens.org/About_BWH/Careers/benefits.aspx
Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age,
veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information,
military service, or other protected status.