|Skills:||At least 2 years recent cardiac registry abstracting experience including GWTG-Heart Failure
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:|| Atlanta 30326, GA, US
The Cardiac Registrar performs data abstraction duties for Core Measures and registries and ensures high levels of abstraction accuracy for assigned accounts. Disseminates information in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, facility policy and professional ethics.
Reports To: Senior Core Measures Manager
The Cardiac Registrar has significant impact on overall company strategy in that, as a service organization, the Company’s success is dependent upon the performance of our employees:
- Abstract, collect and transmit data for cardiac registry to include STS, Cath PCI and ICD.
- Analyze and track data to ensure consistent quality compliance with all core measure indicators.
- Identify opportunities for quality improvement and efficient managed care.
- Assist in process improvement through sharing and implementation of ideas.
- Provide consultation and prepare and present feedback to our clients regarding data findings.
- Provide staff education relating to externally reported measurements.
- Promote the Company’s values.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Credentialed professional in healthcare field (RN, RHIT/A, BS/MS)
- At least 2 years recent cardiac registry abstracting experience including GWTG-Heart Failure
- Specific registry certifications a plus!
- Proven experience in health care quality measure specification development activities.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, facilitation, teaching and project management skills
- Technical development skills including understanding of data collection tools and data transmissions to third-party agencies
- PC proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Communicates daily with clients and supervisor exhibiting adaptability, excellent customer service, and professional written and verbal communications skills.
- Maintains enthusiasm and a sense of urgency towards work.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability willingly.
- In all activities, uses analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills in meeting the objectives of the position with an excellent eye for detail.
- Technology proficiency and knowledge of iMedX services preferred.
- Personal computer meeting the requirements of the position.