|Employer:||Pacific Cardiovascular Associates Medical Group
|Skills:||CPT coding,abstract coding CPT codes,LCD/CCI evaluation,E/M coding
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||3080 Bristol Street Ste 150 Costa Mesa 92626, CA, US
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Medical Coder at Pacific Cardiovascular Associates (PCA) performs data entry processing within the assigned function(s). The incumbent is responsible for applying appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to patient health information for utilization in data retrieval, analysis and claims processing. The Coder provides administrative support in the interpretation and explanation of data for internal and external customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, assign the appropriate diagnostic and/or procedural code(s) to patient health information documents.
- Research and resolve general coding issues; communicating with cross-divisional teams and/or vendors as necessary.
- Administer physician quality reporting initiative (PQRI) data to report quality measures; maximizing incentive payments at the time of billing.
- Generate and distribute general reports for management review on a routine basis.
- Work collaboratively with cross-divisional teams on diverse processes in the achievement of shared goals within established timelines.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
High School Diploma required
CPC (AAPC Accredited) or CCS-P required
AAPC or AHIMA Certification
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 1 year’s coding experience; 2+ years preferred
- Cardiology coding experience highly desired
- Great computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
- General knowledge of governmental rules and regulations as they affect billing and coding processes.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask concurrent priorities in an organized manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic and energetic attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.