|Preferred Certifications:||CIRCC,etc.),RN,CPC,CCS,LPN,Coding certificate or clinical licensing/certifications (BSN,RCC,RHIT,CRTT,RT
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:|| West Valley City, UT 84120, UT, US
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patient’s and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Charge Description Master (CDM) Analyst will be responsible for driving revenue optimization by maintaining an accurate and compliant CDM, ensuring Medicare and other Federal regulations are met. You will be focused on operational excellence, providing operational direction and oversight for our client’s charging improvement processes.
- Ensure the client’s CDM is accurate and compliant with Medicare and other federal agency regulations
- Focus on development, performance and growth of direct reports
- Motivate and mentor CDM Coordinator, reviewing work and providing continual feedback to promote professional growth
- Drive team performance to high achievement and high-quality outcomes
- Managing time effectively, performing tasks accurately and meeting set timelines
- Process CDM requests received from the clinical departments, or others, researching references and regulations to ensure correct coding/charging through the CDM
- Identify root cause issues and escalate to Manager, as appropriate
- Work best practice reports and assist clinical departments with billing and compliance issues utilizing the CDM tools available
- Independently manage daily process/functions for assigned projects
- Perform clinical department CDM desk reviews as scheduled, meeting timelines set
- Review/identify/analyze necessary CPT changes related to quarterly and annual AMA CPT updates and regulatory changes by timelines set
- Act as subject matter expert for responsible areas, communicating knowledge to clients and internal staff
- Effectively facilitates department and/or client meetings, demonstrating a high level of comfort developing agendas and work plans that drive results
- Attend client held meetings supporting revenue cycle processes as they pertain to your role
- Attend meetings/educational sessions to maintain knowledge base; maintaining credentials as applicable
- Oversight for 1-2 client CDM teams
- Associates Degree in health care, finance, business, audit, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a CDM Coordinator or equivalent role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Coding certificate or clinical licensing/certifications (BSN, RN, LPN, RT, RCC, CRTT, RHIT, CPC, CCS, CIRCC, etc.)
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovative and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit: r1rcm.com