CCC is seeking a
self-motivated, detail-oriented individual for this high-volume position. The
Certified Medical Coder is responsible for accurate selection of ICD-10, CPT,
modifier(s) and HCPCS codes, based on the medical record documentation for
office, outpatient, and inpatient medical services.
but are not limited to:
· Reviews clinical documentation to extract data
and apply appropriate ICD-10 Diagnosis codes, along with CPT/HCPCS codes for
coding and billing.
· Accurately codes conditions and procedures as
documented and in accordance with ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and
Reporting, CMS/MAC rules and the CPT rules established by the AMA.
· Reviews provider medical records to identify
opportunities for improvement in coding and documentation.
· Works closely with the A/R Denial Team to review
coding related denials from payers and recommend the appropriate action to
resolve claims issues.
· Assists with coding questions and researches
· Assists with answering telephone inquiries
regarding billing and coding, and provides information as requested.
· Associates degree preferred, high school diploma
required and relevant experience in healthcare field.
· Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through AAPC.
· Minimum of 3 years coding experience, preferably
· Awareness and compliance with HIPAA (Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act) and related healthcare privacy regulations.
· Excellent communication and customer service
skills. Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time