Why Centric Physicians?
Centric Physicians is a rapidly growing company focusing on post-acute practices in various areas of Texas and now Utah as well! We offer competitive benefits including medical, life, dental, vision, PTO, 401K, etc. in which the company offers significant contribution to employee coverage! Our company places an importance on quality of life by promoting a balanced work-life structure and offering flexibility! We want our employees to be happy and successful throughout their personal and professional endeavors – apply to join our team now!
To provide patient care and medical procedures. To provide clinical support to the physician and non-physician providers seeing Centric patients in clinics, SNFs, ALs, LTACs, ARU. This job position will be reporting directly to the Coding Department Manager.
No phone calls – submit resume and correspondence through this posting only. We look forward to hearing from you!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Performs initial charge review to determine appropriate ICD-10 codes to be used to report physician services to third party payers.
- Interprets progress notes, discharge summaries, and charge documents to determine services provided and accurately evaluate CPT codes and assign ICD-10 codes to these services.
- Enters appropriate data into the Centricity Billing System to complete the charge process.
- Contacts providers regarding procedures and other services billed to ensure proper coding.
- Responsible for reviewing EMR/Centricity to ensure billing is captured for all patients.
- Monitors and follows up to ensure all services that can be billed are captured and coded for billing.
- Responsible for ensuring the batch processes for all coded charges.
- Utilizes batch-logging systems to comply with internal audit standards.
- Reviews all physician documentation to ensure compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines.
- Processes Denied Claims as assigned by Office Manager or Senior Coder.
- Works in coordination with other members of the office as necessary.
- Performs duties and job functions in accordance with the policies and procedures established for the department.
- Reports to work, meetings and professional obligations on time.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Performs duties necessary to ensure the team's projects/goals are completed.
- Takes ownership of special projects, researches data and follows through with detailed action plans.
- Actively participates in problem identification and resolution and coordinates resolutions between appropriate parties.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED completion is required.
- Certified Professional Coder with a minimum of two years’ experience with CPT evaluation and ICD-10 coding of physician services.
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy required.
- Goodinterpersonalskills andabasicunderstandingofteammanagementconcepts.
Position is in a well-lighted medical facility environment.
- Employeeisrequiredtohavevisualandauditoryacuitynecessaryforcommunicationswithotheremployeesand/orcustomerstomeetbusinessneedsofCentric Physicians.
Commensurate with experience.