|Employer:||The Hughston Clinic
|Skills:||medical coding,medical billing,PMD,physician billing
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||6262 Veterans Parkway Columbus 31908, GA, US
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Position Goal: Ensures official coding requirements are adhered to prior to transfer of charges to payors including documentation in support of charges submitted
- Assigns/validates ICD-10- CM, CPT4 and HCPCS for Orthopaedic Trauma patients via review of PMD based on medical record documentation
- Review of various medical record documentation, to ensure accurate coding of services rendered and charged by provider. This includes demographics prior to claim submission to payor
- Communicate directly with provider in instances of variances
- Monitors and documents missing charges; notifies provider accordingly via PMD
- Drops charges from PMD to Athena
- Reviews Athena to ensure a clean claim and updates as warranted
- Reviews interface to ensure charges dropped have crossed to Athena; takes appropriate action to rectify
- Meets daily/monthly productivity guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Experience: Two years of healthcare office billing experience required.
Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalent with completion of approved orthopaedic coding course with current coding certification. CPC required, Must Maintain Coding Certification status
Special Qualifications: Must be able to work independently. Strong attention to detail required.