Borinquen Medical Centers is based in Miami, Florida and is seeking to hire an experienced applicant with
billing/coding rules and regulations for Federally Qualified Health Centers.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Review medical record documentation to abstract and
assign diagnoses, procedures, and modifiers for statistical classification and
2. Performs various coding assignments under the direction
of the Billing Manager.
3. Provides feedback regarding documentation and coding
issues. Utilizes software applications and coding references, including
electronic, to perform coding related tasks.
4. Assists with the training of
Coders Level I.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Applies knowledge of coding, coding guidelines and a
working knowledge of FQHC based guidelines.
2. Good oral and written skills.
3. Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and
4. Must be capable of reading and interpreting coding
5. Ability to handle fast paced environment.
1. Good computer keyboarding skills.
2. Knowledge of Microsoft
applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
3. Athena experience is preferred.