|Employer:||Premier Medical Resources
|Specialties:||Orthopedic, Pain, ASC, Hospital
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
We have an immediate opening for a certified medical biller with a strong background in orthopedic or extremity billing. Our fast-growing orthopedic/pain management practice is located in NW Houston (Jersey Village). This is an office-based, FULL-TIME position, M-F.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Billing and Collections of Worker's Compensation and Personal Injury claims
- Working aging reports and identifying claims that require appeal
- Timely follow up and tracking of any unpaid bills
- Follow up with our doctor clients, insurance companies, WC carriers and attorneys as necessary
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in HIPAA dictated environment.
- Accurate Data Entry for billing, collections and accounting.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment, demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the need to communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees and organizations in a fast-paced environment.
- Writes appeals to insurance companies to overturn denied or short paid claims.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with patients, insurance companies, physicians and clinical personnel.
- Checks payer reports weekly to determine the accounts that are outstanding.
- Problem-solves denied claims in a timely manner by contacting insurance adjustors or carrier to obtain information to rebill claims as necessary.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, analytical, proactive and motivated self-starter.
- Possess willingness to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the business.
- Ability to work hard toward the company’s common goals.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA compliance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with particular knowledge of Word and Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
- Federal Compensation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Workers Compensation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Orthopedic/ Extremity: 2 years (Required)
- Billing: 2 years (Required)
- Insurance Verification: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift