|Type:||FULL TIME, PART TIME
|Skills:||Certification in Medical Billing
|Required Certifications:||CPB or CPC with Dermatology experience
|Preferred Certifications:||Certified Professional Biller with Dermatology experience
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||155 N. Nova Road Ormond Beach 32174, FL, US
Certified Professional Biller
This private Dermatology practice is looking for an experienced Certified Professional Biller. This is a long existing practice with a tremendous patient base. The perfect fit will be a multi-tasker who is focused on the business and providing excellent patient customer service. Local Candidates Only.
Core Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Screen appointment schedule for eligibility issues.
• Call patients with larger balances monthly and prior to next appointment.
• Obtain insurance prior authorization.
• Review and Confirm Patient co-pay and deductibles prior to appointments.
• Review Medical Claims for coding issues.
• Submit electronic and paper Claims to Insurance Companies via Practice Software
• Post ACH Payments Daily
• Post Check/Cash/Credit Card Payments Daily
• Balance Deposits Daily
• Send Patient Bills Monthly
• Manage Accounts Receivable, Including Contacting Patients with Outstanding Balances Monthly
• Answer Patient Billing Questions Accurately
• Timely Claims Follow-Up: Manage Insurance Denials, Send Appeals, Verify Billing Codes, Send Medical records when requested, Update Insurance Information and Resubmit claims as needed.
• Cover for Patient Check-In and Check-Out During Absences
Qualifications and Requirements:
• H.S. Diploma or G.E. D.
• Medical Billing Certification Preferred
• 2-4 Years Medical Billing Experience
• Can-Do Attitude
• Basic Microsoft Office skills
• 1-3 Years Medical Billing Software Experience
• Prior Experience with ICD-10 Codes and Modifies Required
• Solid Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Customer Service Skills
• Monday Through Friday with a 1 Hour Lunch
on Monday Through Thursday 8-5
on Friday 8-4. Total of 39 Hours Per Week
• Full Company Benefits (Subject to Waiting Periods), Including Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Holidays and 401k Retirement Plan
• Software Specific Training Provided