|Required Certifications:||Certified Coding Specialist,CPC
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||Hudson, WI* Note: This listing is for a remote position
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the position is to review both procedural and diagnostic (ICD-10) coding to ensure appropriate billing and insurance regulations are met. This position will be staffed during clinic hours and is remote.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Have in-depth understanding of coding and compliance rules and regulations.
• Responsible for reviewing provider documentation, coding and posting charges for healthcare services; including Primary Care, OBGYN, General Surgery, Lab/Pathology, Imaging, Podiatry and more.
• Provide coding education and engage with assigned providers.
• Research and communicate governmental and payer-specific rules and regulations to ensure coding compliance.
• Identify and communicate best practices based on provider documentation, insurance payer medical policies and CMS guidelines.
• Review, code and post charges for hospital outpatient and inpatient services.
• Work CCI/LMRP edits, claims manager rules and coding related denials.
• Assist patients and staff with coding and pricing issues.
• Provide support for customer service issues.
• Perform chart audits to assess overall understanding of CMS guidelines and increase clinic reimbursement.
• Attend department meetings, educational seminars and trainings.
• Other duties as assigned.
SUPPLEMENTAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Displays the ability to work independently and multi-task.
• Work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Possess strong analytical, grammatical, spelling a communication skills.
• Attend relevant training sessions, department and employee meetings.
• Abide by clinic protocols, ergonomic recommendations and OSHA standards.
• Maintain a neat and well-groomed professional appearance.