|Required Certifications:||CCSP,CCS from AHIMA),CPC-A or CPC from AAPC; or CCA
|Preferred Certifications:||CPMA or CRC certifications (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder)
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:|| Overland Park 66211, KS, US
At Transcend, a division of Humana, we’re seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
Be a part of the Clinical Guidance world – make a difference in people’s lives.
Transcend is seeking a Coder to identify, collect, assess, monitor and document claims and encounter coding information as it pertains to Clinical Condition Categories. Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered.
•Review medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on CMS HCC categories.
•Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information.
•Provide documentation support to clinician and staff around best documentation practices.
•Support and participate in process and quality improvement initiatives.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Certified Medical Coder with one of the following active certifications and with a high degree of competency (CPC, or CPC-A from AAPC; or CCA, CCSP, CCS from AHIMA)
• Knowledge/experience with ICD-10 and CPT coding
• 2 years minimum applicable medical coding experience
• Ability to work independently and proactively with critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability working directly with Physicians in a consultative manner
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
• Strong computer proficiency
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Highly adaptable in a professional environment as a team player with strong emotional intelligence to work with Executive team and Leadership
• Adaptability to change and learning new skills
• This role is considered agile and requires travel approximately 75% of time to various medical office settings, including locations in all the following counties:
• Wyandotte KS, Johnson KS, Platt MO, Clay MO, and Jackson MO; also to Miami county KS & Ray county MO
• This role will also spend time at our College Blvd location, Overland Park KS 66211
• Must have reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
• This role is considered patient facing and is part of the company's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
• This role requires new hire to have a Flu vaccine – if opting NOT to receive, employee will be required to wear a mask at all times while at work, from October thru March
• CPMA or CRC certifications (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder)
•If CPC-A, minimum 1 year experience ideally
• Prior experience in a role/s within a medical office environment
• Experience with Multiple EMR’s
• Knowledge of Medicare Risk Adjustment or HEDIS
• Previous ECW experience
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Partners in Primary Care/Humana.
•Interview Format ?As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
?If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours