|Employer:||Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute
|Job Location:||Partial Remote
|Required Certifications:||CPC or CPC-A
|Location:|| Jacksonville 32207, FL, US
Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute San Marco Division is currently searching for a full-time Certified Coder.
**This position will work on location at the San Marco office as well as remotely.**
We offer competitive pay and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K retirement plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilizes knowledge of medical codes and coding procedures to assign appropriate diagnostic/procedure billing codes, in compliance with third party payer requirements.
- Interacts with physicians and other patient care providers regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures and regulations.
- Obtains clarification of conflicting, ambiguous, or non-specific documentation.
- Enters charges and documents all activity in accordance with company documentation standards.
- Reviews and audits provider billing and documentation records.
- Educates providers and staff on proper coding procedures.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- CPC-A or CPC certification is required.
- 3+ years practical experience to include coding from medical charts preferred
- Experience in physician CPT and ICD 10 coding preferred.
- Ortho experience preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare billing and reimbursement, including industry standard billing rules.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Computer proficient.
- High School Diploma or GED required.