|Employer:||Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
|Required Certifications:||AAPC,CPC,CPC-A,AHIMA or CCS
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
The Billing Coordinator II is responsible for preparing and entering surgical and in-patient billing for the Division, ensuring the accuracy of outpatient billing and assisting with account reviews/account receivable / appeals follow up.
This position is 32 hours per week and is benefits eligible with the possibility of additional hours based on the needs of the division.
* Ensures timely and accurate release of all outpatient charges.
* Reviews Op Notes, inpatient consult notes, and abstracts/confirms Diagnosis and
CPT Procedure codes for all surgeries and inpatient encounters and enters into billing
* Ensures pre-certifications/authorizations are valid for the procedure performed.
* Performs daily maintenance on divisional billing work-queues.
* Assists in finding resolutions to billing issues – rejections, non-paid accounts, etc.
* Communicates with families, assisting with billing/insurance questions and collecting
* Supports special projects assigned by Manager.