|Employer:||Stony Brook Medicine-Department of Internal Medicine
|Skills:||Working knowledge of coding requirements. Must have excellent expressive and written communication skills. Must be highly organized. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
|Required Certifications:||CPC or CCS
|Location:||Stony Brook, NY
SUMMARY:This incumbent is responsible for reviewing and analyzing physicians’ documentation, CPT, and ICD-10 diagnosis codes. The coding function also ensures compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations, and accreditation guidelines.
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
- Provide a variety of complex and technical assignments relating to medical coding.
- Analyze, code, and abstract information for the purpose of assigning and entering appropriate and consistent diagnoses and procedure codes for reimbursement.
- Resolve discrepancies on coding related issues.
- Review and correct rejected claims from various third party carriers.
- CPMP account notification/accounts receivable report (IDX), ICD-10 coding.
- Account maintenance – IDX pending report.
- Track all IDX record requests.
- Maintain PK files for validity errors.
- Monitor TES Open Encounter file.
- CLIS renewals for all sites.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.