|Location:|| Vancouver 98684, WA, US
Scion Staffing (www.scionstaffing.com) has been retained to conduct a search for a full-time Certified Medical Coder. If you’re a top-notch Medical Coder, who is interested in working for a nonprofit that truly makes a difference in the community, then this could be the perfect long-term fit for you!
*This is a 5-day per week, in-office opportunity.*
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Great benefits and noteworthy vacation package.
- This organization cares about making a positive impact in the community. Their mission statement positively influences the company culture, work environment as well as how they care for and treat their employees.
What you’ll be doing:
- Evaluate medical data to classify appropriate medical coding.
- Examine denied claims, perform research and communicate with insurance companies and healthcare specialists to resolve discrepancies and reprocess denied claims as appropriate.
- Utilize correct ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis codes, as well as HCPCS and CPT codes for diagnosis given and services completed.
- Participate in continuing education to stay up-to-date on coding standards, trends, and issues.
- Inspect medical records, follow coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure accurate coding has been utilized and to make certain they agree with federal and state regulatory standards.
- Current AHIMA (CCA, CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, CPC-A, CPC-H, CPC-H-A) or another applicable AAPC coding credential.
- 2+ years of experience working as a Medical Coder.
- Proficiency in Epic is highly desirable.
- Must be fluent in MS Office (Word,
- Excel & Outlook).
- Familiarity working in a fast-paced, high volume clinical and/or managed care environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of a wide array of insurance and medical coding regulations.
An exciting starting salary, plus an excellent work environment and robust benefits package, as well as the ability to feel like you’re making a direct impact on the community!
About our search firm:
Scion Staffing is an award-winning staffing firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment prowess has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com, or in the 2010-2018 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.