|Required Certifications:||CPC or COC or CCS or RHIA or RHIT
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
TITLE: Certified Professional Coder
WAGE CATEGORY: Hourly, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Manager, Coding Services
LOCATION: Anaheim, California
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
JOB STATEMENT: The Certified Professional Coder is responsible for the review of health record documentation to ensure accurate coding of services rendered.
IN MY OWN WORDS…“I am a highly self-motivated and resourceful individual with a meticulous and investigative spirit, the ability to multi task and work independently, and the drive to meet deadlines under time pressures.” ~MediRevv Certified Professional Coder
MEDIREVV MINDSET: An effective candidate will exemplify the MediRevv Mindset by helping the organization on a whole achieve balance between partners, people, and performance.
- Demonstrate service excellence at all times to clients (external Partners) and colleagues (internal Partners)
- Represent MediRevv clients with a high level of professional and mature demeanor and quality work product
- Present information to and educate providers as needed
- Provide effective feedback to providers and clinical staff as needed
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with, present information to, and respond to questions from individuals at all levels of the organization
- Possess excellent problem resolution skills
- Possess excellent telephone etiquette
- Maintain patient confidentiality and abide by all HIPAA guidelines
- Be detail-oriented and possess excellent organization skills
- Work under general supervision
- Work in a fast-paced department handling multiple tasks with interruptions
- Meet and/or exceed daily production goals
- Meets and/or exceed quality coding accuracy goals
- Adhere to benchmarks and strive for continuous improvement on client service metrics
- Comply with MediRevv policies such as time and attendance to ensure appropriate coverage for MediRevv clients
- Review and evaluate patient medical records to accurately assign diagnoses, procedure codes, and modifiers
- Contact clients as appropriate when documentation in the medical record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes
- Enter coded charges into various host systems for claim billing purposes
- Monitor regulatory and payer changes as they apply to diagnostic and procedure coding
- Research and resolve coding related insurance denials and pre-billing edits
- Participate in quality review including attendance of specialty huddles, performance improvement and quality assurance process discussions
- Complete departmental continuing education and on-going independent study, education-related professional activities and professional affiliations to maintain and increase knowledge in relevant areas
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum of one year of coding experience
- AHIMA or AAPC coding certificate
- Nationally recognized coding credential such as CPC and CCS
- Understanding of all or a combination of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, medical terminology and HIPAA Compliance
- Requires strong typing and computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite in a Windows environment
- Allscripts, Advanced Web and/or Meditech experience highly desirable
- Multispecialty and single specialty candidates welcomed and encouraged to apply
- Working knowledge and experience in the area of general surgery, neurosurgery, surgical oncology, cardiology, ambulatory surgery, obstetrics and gynecology medical coding highly sought after.
May include exposure to potentially hazardous material, infectious agents, contact with patients, public and staff.
Sitting for long periods of time, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying up to 15 pounds, and grasping.
THE REAL DEAL
MediRevv Certified Professional Coders work day in and day out reviewing records, checking for accuracy, educating and training our clients and colleagues. The work is not easy – if you are looking for a place to simply hang out and collect a paycheck, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a place that encourages every team member to be authentic (even weird) and expects hard work but rewards with a fun and engaging culture with loads of opportunity… then, we can’t wait to meet you.