|Employer:||Orthopedic Associates of Windham County
|Specialties:||Orthopedic Surgery, Spine Surgery, Physical Therapy
|Preferred Certifications:||CPC or CPB
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
Job Duties include:
• Assists in the management of patient accounts from the initial charge entry process, to working balances to zero.
• Reviews provider dictation to assign correct CPT and ICD-10 codes for the service provided, then enters charges for office visits, surgeries, inpatient consults, x-rays, physical therapy charges and procedures.
• Sends out claims electronically or generates HCFAs and prepares for mailing.
• Downloads and prints provider dictations for hospital services.
• Posts insurance remittances/payments, payments from patients, and payments from attorneys and medical record requests.
• Identifies and reports on credit balances, works insurance denials and overpayments.
• Works Aging A/R reports.
• Runs daily reports, reconciles cash and credit card logs, and prepares deposits.
• Monitors electronic claim submission reports for rejections, correct and resubmit.
• Answers incoming calls from patients, other offices, insurance companies, etc.
• Provides advice and assistance to staff members and providers regarding CPT and ICD-10 coding as required.
• Obtains benefit and eligibility as well as prior authorizations for all DME dispensed in office.
• Works with patients to set up payment plans and/or pay on delinquent balances.
• Works with orthopedic and physical therapy front desk staff members to assure patient
• Assists in the training of new staff members within the Patient Accounts/Accounts Receivable department.
• Maintains total confidentiality of patient information.
• Promotes Public Relations with patients, community and peers.
• Any other duties as assigned by the management staff.