|Employer:||Physicians Management Solutions, LLC
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Location:||363 W Northwest Hwy,Palatine 60047, IL, US
Physicians Management Solutions, LLC, a multi-specialty medical billing company in Palatine, IL is seeking an individual to fill an IN-HOUSE (not remote), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) position.
Certified Professional Coders are responsible for assigning CPT and ICD-10 codes after thorough review of medical documentation. Coders must accurately assign codes by maintaining compliance with medical coding laws and to ensure correct reimbursement. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
• Once CPT and ICD-10 codes are assigned, entering them into the practice management system on a daily basis.
• Investigating and appealing all coding related denials and then following up with the payers if payment is not made in a timely manner.
• Communicating coding related issues and coding updates to Clients as they arise.
• Helping other departments as requested.
• Current CPC certification thru AAPC and maintain CPC certification on a yearly basis, i.e. paying yearly dues and earning CEUs as required by AAPC
• Ability to work independently to meet deadlines while also being a team-player
• Great communication skills
• Knowledge of eClinical Works, Allscripts PM, Allscripts Tiger, AdvancedMD and Kareo a plus
• Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
• Must be willing to work on site; this is not a remote position