|Employer:||Touchstone Health Services
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||15648 N 35th Ave Phoenix 85053, AZ, US
This position is accountable for reviewing and processing medical claim information through data-entry in the Electronic Medical Record and Practice Management System and researching and correcting data entry and coding errors using various electronic healthcare systems. This position uses knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 codes to determine the appropriate order and combination of alpha, numeric or symbolic data to ensure accuracy in entering medical claim information by following the Organization's and Department's established policies and procedures. As well as reviewing all the Providers documentation insuring for completeness and appropriateness based on the codes/services provided.
- Enters alpha, numeric or symbolic data from source documents into Practice Management System for patient billing purposes using knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 codes.
- Determines the appropriate format within PM system to initiate data entry based on information recorded for each patient encounter.
- Responsible for analyzing, researching and correcting data entry errors using Practice Management System, electronic medical record systems, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Balances daily batches and reports. Researches and corrects discrepancies.
- Compiles, sorts and prioritizes daily processes based on department and organizational objectives.
- Remains current on the specific data requirements as dictated by various government and private insurance carriers.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of financial and patient records.
- Develops productive working relationships with co-workers by exhibiting honesty, tact, respect and flexibility in order to meet department and organization objectives.
- Participates in in-service training activities and staff meetings and is available to participate in additional educational/ training sessions to expand skills.
- Uses coding knowledge to assist peers in daily tasks and activities.
- Additional Functions: Performs related work as assigned or needed, which may include but not limited to, following up on unpaid or denied insurance claims, responsible for a portion of the AR and project management.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be Certified by the AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders) and/or AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association);
- At least three to five (3-5) years work experience as a Medical/Behavioral Health coder in a medical office setting, hospital or similar healthcare environment, advanced knowledge of ICD-10, HCPCS and CPT codes, and insurance carriers claim requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer navigation skills;
- Valid Arizona Drivers- license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- Must possess an AZ Fingerprint Clearance card or be eligible for one