|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||200 Porter Drive, Suite 215 San Ramon 94583, CA, US
Webster Orthopedics is seeking a Certified Coder for our Patient Financial Services department in San Ramon. This position is responsible for verifying, coding and billing surgical charges and performing quarterly audits. It will also assist in surgical appeals and payment verification.
The successful candidate must be a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and have at least 2 years of surgical coding experience. Candidates without certification will not be considered.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Provider clinical staff to clarify clinical documentation that is insufficient or unclear for surgical billing purposes; perform chart audits
- Ensure compliance with medical/surgical coding policies and guidelines.
- Code information regarding procedures performed and diagnosis provided.
- Verify and complete charges in Centrcity EMR system.
- Maintains required billing records, reports, files, etc.
- Write appeal letters for surgical denials, underpayments etc. and document accounts with action taken.
- Quarterly audits of physician E/M billing and physician surgery books.
- Identify and communicate payer trends to the Director of Patient Financial Services
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or suitable equivalent
- Must have at least 2+ years surgical coding experience.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification required.
- Working knowledge of CPT & ICD10 Codes, Assist at Surgery protocol. Orthopedic coding knowledge preferred.
- Proficient Computer skills.
- Skill to organize, prioritize and coordinate workload to meet deadlines and corporate benchmarks.
- Effective interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a detail-oriented position under pressure and with accuracy.
- Ability to work extended hours to facilitate the month end closing and year end audits.
- Outstanding organization skills
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Webster Orthopedics has been serving the East Bay since 1939. Webster is a 15-physician group with offices located in Oakland, San Ramon, Castro Valley and Dublin and is equipped with an in-house MRI, Physical Therapy Centers, EMR, and digital x-ray. Our physicians provide a vast array of services in order to meet the ever changing needs of our patients.