Certified Professional Coding Analyst II Job in Fort Worth, Texas
It is the responsibility of the job seeker to validate the information posted for each job. AAPC cannot validate or guarantee the accuracy of the information posted below.
Job Title: Certified Professional Coding Analyst II
|Employer:||Cook Children's Healthcare System
|Required Certifications:||CPC or equivalent
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Fort Worth 76104, TX, US
|The Certified Professional Coding Analyst II is primarily responsible for the accurate assignment of CPT, HCPCS, modifiers and diagnosis codes. Following appropriate coding guidelines, the Coding Analyst II utilizes expert knowledge and application of CPT, HCPCs and ICD-10 coding guidelines to ensure accuracy of coding and charge capture. Must be able to perform a complex review of provider documentation or other types of reports and assign the appropriate CPT code(s), HCPCs, ICD-10 code(s) and appropriate modifier(s) to ensure proper coding and billing, be able to communicate effectively and professionally with providers or other teams to resolve CPT, ICD-10, HCPCs or modifier discrepancies and able to resolve complex coding-related denials.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a medical practice or other related healthcare setting with a minimum of three years’ of coding experience performing in the capacity of a certified medical coder.
- Understanding of diversified insurance plans.
- Proficiency in basic medical terminology.
- Exhibits good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maturity to withstand pressure that may arise in relation to the public, physician or administration interaction or assigned duties.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
- Current coding certification through the American Academy of Procedural Coders (AAPC) or other recognized coding certification organization.