|Employer:||Skagit Regional Health
|Skills:||CPT,ICD-10 coding systems and chart auditing
|Required Certifications:||CPC-H,or ability to obtain within one year of employment.,AAPC (CPC,or one of the relevant AAPC specialty specific coding credentials). Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) required
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:|| Mount Vernon 98273, WA, US
We are looking for an experienced Medical Coder to audit and analyze our coding function and provide feedback to coders and clinicians regarding coding and documentation.
What you will do:
• Responsible for auditing, training, consultation, and providing feedback to coders and clinicians regarding coding and documentation to ensure SRH receives appropriate reimbursement and conforms to applicable guidelines and regulations.
• Advocate compliance with all third party billing and reimbursement requirements including, but not limited to, the requirements of Medicare and Medicaid programs.
• Serve as the coding subject matter expert for coders and providers.
• Perform audits utilizing an in-depth knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding, Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI) and documentation guidelines.
• Provide training for all new coders and as needed when coding issues are identified or new procedures are initiated.
• Provide day-to-day support to coders responding to questions related to coding and documentation.
• Perform coding reviews for coders and providers based on areas of deficiency.
• Support the development and documentation of coding policies and procedures.
• Utilize understanding of Practice Management system to recommend Master File changes to facilitate correct claims coding per carrier specifications. \
What you will need:
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital staffing preferred.
• At least two years of CPT, ICD-10 coding systems and chart auditing experience preferred.
• Experience working in a medical office setting required, with demonstrated understanding of standard insurance reimbursement methodologies preferred.
• Experience educating physicians regarding coding, charting and other relevant processes, in an individual and group setting preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and ancillary tests/procedures
• One of the following coding credentials required: AAPC (CPC, CPC-H, or one of the relevant AAPC specialty specific coding credentials). Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) required, or ability to obtain within one year of employment.