|Employer:||Mount Sinai Medical Center
|Skills:||Knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT
|Required Certifications:||CPC,CCS-P or CRC Certification Required
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||Miami Beach, FL
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, professional to become part of the energy and join our Business Office Team where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency.
1. Performs coding and abstracting with an accuracy rate higher than 95%.
2. Abstracts coded records on an average within 24 hours of date of service.
3. Maintains log of activities as required for weekly and/or monthly reports (i.e. productivity and time management reports).
4. Provides the primary source of data and information used in health care. Promotes provider/patient continuity, accurate database information, and the ability to optimize reimbursement.
5. Maintains effective interpersonal skills with co-workers and Physicians. Promotes clear and accurate communications among the working team and with other related parties.
6. Maintains information organized and ready for easy and quick access.
7. Assists providers and other professional staff in retrieving and compiling data for research, diagnosis, and teaching purposes.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of coding and documentation standards as well as CMS risk adjustment guidelines and HCCs (hierarchical condition categories).
9. Reviews medical record to ensure all diagnosis codes are documented for the assignment of a valid and accurate HCC for each episode of care.
10. Regularly reviews Epic HCC and payor CSI (Clinically Suspect Conditions) reports.
11. Queries and provides feedback and education to physicians when identifying documentation deficiencies to improve accuracy of risk adjustment coding.
12. Demonstrates understanding of risk adjustment payment models.
13. Uses clinical reasoning and critical thinking skills to discern the financial impact of a query in order to prioritize efforts most efficiently.
14. Completes patient medical chart review within 24-48 hours of visit completion
15. Responsible for maintaining active status of coding credentials and completes annual continued education hours.
16. Observes work hours and provides proper notice regarding absences and tardiness.
17. Maintains positive working relationship with Physician Practices, Managed Care and all other departments and communicates with office staff as needed.