|Employer:||Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Skills:||familiarity with charging practices and patient flow processes,coding
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota 34239, FL, US
The Charge Analyst is
responsible for accurate and timely posting of charges, under the direction and
supervision of the Director and indirectly under the guidance of the Revenue
Cycle division. Provides compliant charging practices for all payors by
reviewing the medical record for appropriate clinical documentation that
supports the accuracy of charges. Interacts with clinical staff to
educate and improve clinical documentation that supports the care provided and
charges posted. Independently resolves Correct Coding Initiative (CCI)
edits. Serves as a resource and educator to physicians, physician office
staff, and department staff regarding appropriate application and compliance
with National and Local Coverage Determinations (NCD) (LCD). Assists
Revenue Cycle staff in providing information to support appeals or
audits. Acts as a leader, mentor, and trainer to all cardiac physicians
and staff for ICD-10 education and documentation requirements. Performs
other reimbursement assignments to resolve billing, coding, or collection
- Require a minimum of six (6) years of health care experience and familiarity
with charging practices and patient flow processes.
- Require coding certification from AAPC in the specialty area of CIRCC
(Certified Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder) within two years of
- Prefer demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prefer working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Prefer the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Prefer demonstrated proficiency with medical terminology.
- Prefer demonstrated proficiency with specific charging and coding as it
applies to Cardiology, General Surgery, Interventional Radiology, and/or
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial billing
rules and coverage requirements.
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
High School Diploma, GED or Certificate