Do the finest work of your career with one of the finest hospital systems.
Join us at University of Florida Health Shands in Gainesville, where the professional setting is as attractive as our reputation for clinical excellence.
What makes one employer stand out? Some value the ability to enhance lives within an environment where discovery, innovation, and positive patient outcomes are the norm. Others seek the ability to learn, grow, and succeed through exceptional professional resources. And there are those who desire rewards and recognition commensurate with their contributions. We believe the very best team members deserve all of these advantages, and more.
The University of Florida Shands Hospital is hiring a Charge Description Master Analyst in Gainesville, Florida.
The salary range is $50,939 to $66,768.
The University of Florida Shands Hospital is recognized by Becker's Hospital Review as one of the 100 Top Hospitals, by Forbes as One of America's Best Employers, and by Indeed as #20 on the list of 25 top-rated workplaces: Best Hospitals. Our Magnet-designated facility offers not only world-class patient care, but also outstanding research and education opportunities to its employees.
UF Health Shands provides the following core benefits:
- Medical Insurance (EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON DATE OF HIRE)
- Prescription Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance (effective the first day of the month after employment)
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (accrues bi-weekly based on hours worked and years of service)
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement (available after six months of employment)
The Charge Description Master Analyst coordinates and maintains all activities around the Charge Description Master for UF Health in compliance with regulatory requirements while supporting appropriate reimbursement. Responsible to facilitate the processes for accurate and timely charge capture through research/investigation, staff and provider education, and annual communications, including the maintenance of ancillary department charging and billing systems. Services as the resident charge master and revenue code expert for UF Health.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Three to five years minimum with recent experience in healthcare finance, revenue cycle management or CDM maintenance. Experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Must have coding certification in at least one of the following: CPC, CPC-P, CPC-H or Certification in Auditing and/or Healthcare Compliance.
- Must have CPT, HCPCS, and Revenue Code knowledge; knowledge of accurate sources for updating all applicable code sets (CPT/HCPCS, ICD-9, etc.).
- General understanding of multiple reimbursement systems including IPPS, OPPS, and Fee Schedule.
- Strong ability to interpret and implement regulatory standards; coding certification preferred.
- Experience with Windows-based software required, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel and Access.
- Possess effective verbal and written skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills to positively interact with a variety of hospital personnel.
- Working knowledge of healthcare applications, including but not limited to SDK, EPIC, GE, 3M and/or CDM maintenance software.
Be part of the team of excellence that is moving medicine forward.
In addition to a culture defined by teamwork and professional support, we offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V